PMT: Shane Bonetti
Part 5: Auctions
- Thu 23 March, 12 noon
- Essay 1 due
- Thu 13 April
- Poster (Handout)
- Thu 20 April
- Key terms and definitions (Slides)
- Fri 21 April
- Applications, analytical solutions for simple auction situations
- Wed 26 April, 12 noon
- Essay 2 due
- Thu 27 April
- Analytical solutions
- Wed 3 May, 12 noon
- Poster due (the poster can be on any topic of the EC4203 course)
- Paul Milgrom, Putting Auction Theory to Work, Cambridge Univ Press, 2004
- Cassidy R., 1967. Auctions and Auctioneering, Berkeley: University of California press.
- Kagel, J. H., 1995. Auctions: A Survey of Experimental Research,
in The Handbook of Experimental Economics, J. H. Kagel and A. E. Roth
(eds). Princeton: Princeton University Press.
- Kagel, J. H. and D. Levin, 2002. Bidding in Common Value
Auctions: A Survey of Experimental Research, in Common-Value Auctions
and the Winner's Curse, Princeton University Press.
- Vijay Krishna, 2002. Auction Theory, Academic Press (this is the main text for this course).
- Klemperer P., (Ed.), 2000. The Economic Theory of Auctions, Edward
- Klemperer, P., 1999. Auction Theory: A guide to the Literature,
Journal of Economic Surveys, 13: 227-260. CEPR
- Klemperer, P., 2000. Why every economist should learn some
auction theory. invited paper from the Econometric Society World
- McAfee, R.P., and J. McMillan, 1987. "Auctions and Bidding,"
Journal of Economic Literature, 25:699-738. Jstor
- Wilson, R., 1992. "Strategic Analysis of Auctions," in
R.J. Aumann and S. Hart, Handbook of Game Theory with Economic
Applications, Vol. 1. Amsterdam: Elsevier Science Publishers.Paper