Double Degree Master Program in cooperation with the Universitá degli Studi di TrentoThis page summarises some information which may be relavant for students who plan to enter the Double Degree Master Program with Trento. Further information can be found here:
- Master of Science (Economics) in Jena
- Information at the DIO about Partner Universities.
- Information at the International Office at the FSU about the Erasmus Program.
- Erasmus Forms
- Information about the Master in Economics in Trento
- Courses in Trento
- Courses in Jena
- Information about Double degrees in Trento
Students of the FSU Jena participating in the 2-year master program in economics (M.Sc. Economics) have the opportunity to apply for the double degree master program in cooperation with the Department of Economics and Management at the University of Trento.
After graduation, students who meet the requirements of the program, will be awarded with a double degree. The University of Trento will award its title “Master of Science in Economics” and the FSU Jena will award its title “Master of Science in Economics” (M.Sc. Economics). The first academic year takes place at the home university and the second one at the partner university. The master thesis can either be written in Trento or in Jena.
Course program at the University of TrentoParticipating students are enrolled in the master program “Laurea Magistrale/specialistica in Economics (MEC)”.
According to the bilateral agreement, students have to gain at least 30 ECTS during their studies abroad. Students can either write their master thesis in Trento or in Jena. The thesis shall be co-supervised by an academic tutor of both institutions and it can either be defended in Jena or in Trento.
- Course syllabus for students who spend their first year in Jena and their second year in Trento. (Students who started before 2016 can use the old syllabus).
- Course syllabus for students who spend their first year in Trento and their second year in Jena. (Students who started before 2016 can use the old syllabus. Students who took the old “Microeconomics and Game Theory” course in Trento with 10 ECTS can follow the syllabus of 2016).
Application procedure in Jena
Candidates from Jena who are interested in the double degree master program can apply by April 14 each year. Candidates should send before April 14 the following information as one single PDF file (smaller than 2MB) to the program coordinator (Oliver Kirchkamp).
- Letter of motivation
- Transcript of Records (Friedolin)
- Learning agreement
Application Procedure at the University of TrentoCandidates from Jena who were selected in the above procedure apply for the winter semester before May 31.
Candidates should upload the following application documents by the deadline mentioned above:
- Letter of motivation
- Copy of identity card or passport
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of high school leaving certificate
- Copy of University Degree/s obtained or enrollment certificate in a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Transcript of Records of the university you are currently enrolled at
- Proof of English proficiency (at least a B2 level according to the CEFR)
- Passport size photo
- ONLY FOR EU APPLICANTS: a copy of the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).
For further questions please contact:
Course recognition/list of equivalents:
- Course syllabus for students who spend their first year in Jena and their second year in Trento.
- Course syllabus for students who spend their first year in Trento and their second year in Jena.
- Before students come to Jena:
- Students from Trento should submit their Learning agreement with Jena by April 14 before they come to Jena. They can have (both) their DD learning agreements signed when they are in Jena. They should make sure that their DD learning agreements match all requirements of both degrees. Students are advised to consult the course syllabus before they submit their learning agreement.
- After students have finshed their studies:
- To credit courses from Trento for the double degree in Jena, students can submit an original of their course certificate with their grades from Trento together with a copy of their learning agreement to the coordinator of the double degree program in Jena. (See also Article III.3.(3) of the Convention on the recognition of qualifications concerning higher education in the European region.)
- Alternatively, students can submit an electronic copy of their course certificate with an electronic signature from the examination office in Trento. All electronic signatures must comply with EU legislation, specifically Regulation (EU) No 910/2014 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 July 2014 and with the §3a Thüringer Verwaltungsverfahrensgesetz.
- Students who write their master thesis in Trento must make sure that they also provide an assessment of their master thesis which can be converted into a grade. (See also Article III.1.(1) of the Convention on the recognition of qualifications concerning higher education in the European region.)
Conversion of grades:
|Italia||ECTS grade||Definition||FSU grades|
|30 - 30L / cum laude||A||excellent||1,0|
|27-29||B||very good||1,3 - 1,0|
|24-26||C||good||2,3 - 1,7|
|20-23||D||satisfactory||3,3 - 2,7|
|18-19||E||sufficient||4,0 - 3,7|
Contact person in Trento:Marchegiani Valentina
Tel: +39 0461 283231
Additional information:Students have to pay their fees at the respective Home University. Incoming students to FSU Jena have to pay the regular semester contribution (semester ticket) and fee for the Thoska card. Students must take out a German public student health insurance but may be exempt if they provide proof of a valid EU health insurance or - being over 30 years of age - a private German health insurance for students.
In order to obtain the visa for Italy, all Non-EU selected students are encouraged to follow the procedure for non-EU citizens living abroad.
After obtaining the visa, prospective students should plan to come to Trento by mid September 2015 to attend some essential orientation and welcome activities prior to their official enrollment at the Università degli Studi di Trento.
- Public Transportation:
- You can use single bus tickets or apply for a monthly/yearly bus pass. You can buy the tickets in any newspaper’s agency.
- Incoming Students to Trento University can use the online portal www.housinganywhere.com.
- Average costs of living comprise 600-700€ per month (expenditures on food, accommodation, transport, leisure time activities, mobile phone expenditures).
- Language courses:
- The Language Center of the University of Trento organizes Italian courses free of charge for international students. Students can also learn other foreign languages.
- Sport activities:
- A wide range of sport activities is available at the University of Trento.
- You can find a lot of cultural and social events in Trento and welcome activities at the University of Trento.