Supervision of your scientific projects (Master theses, Dissertations, Erasmus exchange, etc.)With your project you should show that you can do original scientific research and that you can write about it.
- ...You can find an interesting research question,
- ...you find methods that help you in obtaining an answer to this question,
- ...you can apply theses methods,
- ...and you can communicate what you are doing in a clear and precise way.
- The research question
Most people find it tricky to develop their own research question. Finding a good question, however, is crucial for your work. The following questions are supposed to help you with this task.
If your project involves an experiment, here are some ideas how you could structure your experimental project.
- Preparing supervision
- If you find that I could be an appropriate supervisor for your scientific project, and if your question passes the above mentioned tests, please complete this form on your computer and send the form to me. The form should help you to structure your thoughts, to find out whether your project has a good chance to succeed and to decide whether I am a good match to supervise your project. This part will also help you preparing the motivation of your project.
- Writing a project report, master thesis, master dissertation, etc.
- William Thomson; A Guide for the Young Economist; Second edition, The MIT Press, 2011.
- William Strunk Jr., E.B. White, Roger Angell; The Elements of Style; Fourth Edition, Longman, 2000.