Graphs and visualising dataSchedule:Lecture: t.b.a.
- Graphs and Illustrations can contribute a lot to the success of a scientific paper.
In this course we will discuss different ways to use graphs in our research.
- Here is a preliminary version of the handout
- You can download the exam
on Saturday, 11. August 2018, 9:30. Please solve all questions
independently and return your answers as a single PDF file until 10:15.
- Example data
- Properties of good graphs
- Presenting nominal data
- Presenting continuous data
- Using R
- William S. Cleveland, “The Elements of Graphing Data”, AT&T Bell Laboratories, New Jersey, 1994.
- Deepayan Sarkar, “Lattice — Multivariate Data Visualization with R”. Springer, New-York, 2008.
- Edward Tufte, “The Visual Display of Quantitative Information”. Bertrams. 2001.
- During the second half of part 1 it will help if you can bring your own portable computer to the classes.
You should have an up-to-date version of R installed. We will also need the following libraries:
aplpack, car, Ecdat, Hmisc, ks, lattice, latticeExtra, MASS, mgcv, plotrix, pwt, reshape, vcd.