MW24.1 - Empirical Methods - Master Program in Economics
Tue., 12-14, Carl Zeiss Str. 3, HS 4, [Friedolin].
|42||Review of probability and statistics|
|43||Dies academicus (no lecture, only exercise)|
|44||Review of frequentist inference|
|45||Review of linear Regression|
|46||Review of models with multiple regressors|
|47||Midterm exam (1/3) (no lecture or exercise in this week)|
|49||Bayesian methods (Resit of Midterm)|
|50||Bayes in practice|
|2||More on discrete choice|
|3||Mixed effects models|
You can take the final exam even if you have failed the midterm. You pass the course only once you have passed both parts. (E.g. you can pass the final in one year and the midterm in another year to get the credit.) You must be registered for the exam in Friedolin to get a credit for the course.
- To register for the midterm students register for the course at least 10 days before the midterm exam through Friedolin. Please register for the course and for the exam! (If it is for some reason impossible to register for the exam during the first weeks of the term you can still take the midterm if you only register for the course. However, to take the final exam you have to register in Friedolin for the exam!)
- Exchange students who can not register for the course with Friedolin complete this form on their computer.
Students will also receive the midterm results (and, in case they failed, their seat for the resit) at their uni-jena address. Students who send their public PGP key to email@example.com before the midterm will receive their results encrypted to their key.
Candidates who have earlier passed either the midterm or the final but not both parts have two options for the exams they take this term:
- They register for the exam, but show up only for the part they did not pass in the past. In this case I will credit the result of the previous attempt of the other part for this term.
- They register for the exam, and show up for both parts, midterm and final. In this case the result of this term counts for the final result. (This holds even if this term's result is a fail!)
- Instructions for the midterm.
- Resit of the midterm: Thu., 6.12.2018, 18:00, Carl Zeiss Str. 3, HS 3. [Friedolin]
- Students who took the midterm and who failed are automatically registered for the resit. No extra registration is needed in this case. (Please note that for the resit of the final exam you must register with the examination office.)
- Students who missed the first take because they were ill and who present a certificate from their physician within three days after the missed exam will participate in the resit. These students complete this form on their computer.
- Students who passed the first take can't take the resit.
- Students who did not show up for the first take and who were not ill don't take the resit.
Exchange students who can not register for the course with Friedolin complete this form on their computer.